Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Penny from Natural Attrill has recently tagged me to list 6 weird things about myself, and then "tag" another six to do the same.
Here are the instructions (which I've just copied from Penny's blog!):
"The Rules: Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means."
So here we go!
1. I am totally deaf in my left ear. So if you try to converse with me on my left side, forget it, I can't hear you. So now you know why I sometimes switch sides as we're walking down the street or why I always have to sit in a particular seat in a bus, train, pub, resturant etc. It really bugs me if I have to rotate my head 180 degrees at a social gathering.
2. When I get worried or bored I chew the inside of my mouth. Its disgusting and I know its not good for me. I'm really trying to give up.
3. I eat ALL burgers and hot sandwiches with a knife and fork. No exceptions.
4. I am a grade 6 trumpeter.
5. I will judge you on how you wear your hair and clothes. I can't help it, there must be something wrong with me. I consider it a type of discrimination, so honestly I'm not proud. If I meet you for the first time and you are victim to wearing something like elecro-punk fluorescent colours, mirrored aviator sunglasses, asymmetrical messed up hair with expensive highlights that took you 12 hours to straighten/ back comb, leg warmers, 2 belts, skinny jeans, etc etc, do you like The Towers of London and The Horrors? OH NO! Then too late, I have already considered you to be a total pillock. (Oh, apart from Vince Noir and Russell Brand.)
I'm 27 years old and I shouldn't care how the youngsters dress these days. But for some reason it does and it really offends me!
6. I love blankets. If I'm at home, I'll have one around me. I've tried a poncho, but its not the same. Snuggling under a blanket is the best.
Here are the six who I've tagged. I don't know many people who blog very regularly, so I do hope they don't mind so much!
Garreth F Hirons
The Midnight Orchestra
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Last week before the mac disaster (which thankfully seems to be resolved now) I completed some embroidery designs. They have been worked on in a style called redwork which is an outline stitch. I think the characters look really striking like this and I'm pleased with how the whole set have turned out. Pretty cute, but not too corny! All 9 characters can be seen at Bunnycup Embroidery. I was just really pleased with the results and wanted to share it!
Friday, January 19, 2007
Yup, that's right. My mac is dead. Its currently being revived by magical computer wizards who know all about that type of technical mumbo jumbo. Here are some embroidery designs that I did recently before disaster struck. Stupid computers. I hope he gets well soon though.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Buzzy bees flying around a bouquet of posies. Don't fret though, they are friendly bees and they're only interested in gathering pollen to make tasty honey for honey monsters like me. They won't sting the cute little girl. Its only nasty wasps that do that. Boy, I hate wasps, they're pretty horrible.