Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Wrapping Up Warm


Today I woke up to the first dusting of snow on Bedford, so it's feeling quite Christmassy. It's so cold inside the house, I have taken to working with a hot water bottle on my lap, slippers, a blanket and I wear at least two jumpers. For the moment, I am too stingy to put the heating on... but I suffered from chilblains last year so I suppose I'll have to spend money on gas and keeping warm at some point.


Yesterday I was off work. The recession has hit so I'm contracted to work 3.5 days a week for now. I'm hopeful things will pick up and I will be able to go full time again very soon, but all I can do is cross my fingers. I decided to do watercolour painting and have a break from the computer, though I was tempted to make a cake. I think I was trying to channel Charles M Schulz and Tove Jansson whilst making this picture.

1 comment:

Whispering Thoughts said...

I can relate to the winter woes. And I find the drawing very cute